By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity includes a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures awarded each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added via eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they hide a wide spectrum of topics in physics, chemistry, lifestyles technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This exclusive memorial lecture sequence used to be inaugurated by means of the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a global symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's delivery. given that Einstein's pursuits, actions and effect weren't constrained to theoretical physics yet spanned vast fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it was once felt that those memorial lectures may be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic supply to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular details towards Self-Organization and complicated topic (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, setting, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: historical past and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African reports, college of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
This publication is a consultant to the sensible software of information to facts research within the actual sciences. it truly is basically addressed at scholars and pros who have to draw quantitative conclusions from experimental facts. even if many of the examples are taken from particle physics, the fabric is gifted in a sufficiently normal means as to be important to humans from so much branches of the actual sciences.
The Geometry of Musical Rhythm: What Makes a "Good" Rhythm solid? is the 1st e-book to supply a scientific and available computational geometric research of the musical rhythms of the realm. It explains how the examine of the mathematical homes of musical rhythm generates universal mathematical difficulties that come up in a number of possible disparate fields.
Melanoma is a fancy affliction method that spans a number of scales in area and time. pushed by way of state-of-the-art mathematical and computational suggestions, in silico biology offers strong instruments to enquire the mechanistic relationships of genes, cells, and tissues. It allows the production of experimentally testable hypotheses, the combination of knowledge throughout scales, and the prediction of tumor development and remedy consequence (in silico oncology).
Essay aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Physik - Theoretische Physik, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die vorliegende Arbeit setzt sich mit der Nachweisbarkeit der Einstein'schen Gravitationswellen auseinander. Albert Einstein konnte vor a hundred Jahren mit seiner Allgemeinen Relativitätstheorie (ART) wohl berechnen, dass Gravitationswellen (GW) wie alle elektromagnetischen Wellen sich mit Lichtgeschwindigkeit ausbreiten.
- Relativity: Special, General, and Cosmological
- Elements of Friction Theory and Nanotribology
- Student Workbook for Physics for Scientists and Engineers: Pearson New International Edition: A Strategic Approach with Modern Physics
- University Physics with Modern Physics, Global Edition
- E=mc^2: Physik für Höhlenmenschen (German Edition)
- Alles ist Licht: Welch leuchtender Gedanke (German Edition)
Extra info for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam